Hey Cats and Kittens!
I know it’s been a while since I updated the world on what has been going on with All Young Girls Are Machine Guns. No lies. AYGAMG had/is having a GREAT year. If you haven’t nominated anyone for OEAA 2013 Artist of the Year, here’s our case, spelled out clearly…no doubt, Travis, Will, Jason, Jess, KP, Molly, and I worked our asses off this year. I believe this is pretty thorough, but I know there are still some holes.
From September 2012 to August 2013, we, as AYGAMG the band:
-released our sophomore full band release “Here’s Hopin’ Tomorrow Never Comes” and pre-sold enough tickets to play the main room at Slowdown w/our besties Field Club, and Laura Burhenn
-won an Omaha Entertainment and Arts Award for Best Singer-Songwriter for 2012
-delved into collaborating on some really great music & comedy shows with The Fine Gentleman’s Club, OK Party Comedy, Triple Eh Comedy, The Weisenheimers, Badland Girls, 19eightyStar Comedy, and Backline Improv Theatre (hey Collabo Comedy, we’re comin’ for ya)
-collaborated with Bloodcow, Danny Sabra, Eddie Spencer, and members of Field Club, Witness Tree, Thunder Power, and Flight Metaphor
- continued our educational love affair and partnership with the Encyclopedia Show
- helped our awesome friend Brad propose to our awesome friend Tina (countin’ it cause that was GREAT)
-opened for Preservation Hall Jazz Band, He’s My Brother She’s My Sister, slam poet Rachel McKibbens, and played house band to ultimate fighter Houston Alexander
- we’ve done shows in conjunction with X-Rated: Women In Music, the Omaha Entertainment and Arts Awards, Omahype, HearNebraska, Greater Omaha Young Professionals, and MAHA Music Festival
- we’ve been able to benefit the Heartland Family Services, the Omaha Entertainment and Arts Awards, Omahype, MAHA Music Festival, and HearNebraska
Bands/Musicians we shared a bill with this last year (as far as we have recorded them):Preservation Hall Jazz Band, La Guerre, Field Club, The Mynabirds, Jessica Errett, Thunder Power, Noah’s Ark Was A Spaceship, Break Maiden, Michael Wunder, Hers, He’s My Brother, She’s My Sister, Reagan Roeder, Bret Vovk, Eddie Spencer, Nicole LeClerc, The Love Technicians, Ariel & the Arga Knots, Tsumi, The Electroliners, Vago, The Stereo Fidelics, White Wolf T-Shirt, Ghostship Battlecat, John Klemmensen & the Party, 24 Hr. Cardlock, Tara Vaughan, Korey Anderson, Leslie Wells, Ally Rhodes Heman, Micah Bruce, Zach Short, Sarah Benck Tardy and the Robbers, The Whipkey Three, Brad Hoshaw, Matt Cox, Heather Barney, Scott Severin, Landon Hedges, Vern Fergusen, Sara Bertuldo, Midwest Dilemma, Laurelin Krause, Doug Kabourek, The Small Cities, The Tinder Box, We Live in Sod Houses, Bloodcow, John Larsen, Jon Jerry, Django Greenblatt-Seay, Luke Pettipoole, Dan McCarthy, Aaron Parker, Max Holmquist, Rachel Tomlinson Dick, Teal Gardner
From September 2012 to August 2013, Becki, as singer-songwriter and front woman of AYGAMG:
- wrote and co-wrote songs with playwright Ellen Struve for her upcoming project “The Old New Seattle”
- scored Lindsay Trapnell’s short film, “The Gay Lifestyle”
- performed on albums for John Klemmensen and the Party, Witness Tree, and The Whipkey Three
You can find the link to nominate us for Artist of the Year (and maybe best singer-songwriter and [pretty please] best soul/r&b) at oea-awards.com.
We like your face. It is a good face.Thanks for considering us,